2020 is ending! We can all heave a sigh of relief & have a fun time this new year’s eve. The celebration includes parties, guests, loud music, food, beverages and firecrackers. Sadly, these things make your pets uncomfortable and put them into stressful conditions like getting lost in the outside world.
They also end up munching on leftover fatty foods or licking alcohol. And not to forget, the sparkly balls and wires from your party decorations. During the celebration, if not taken care of, they can get full access to such things and are capable enough to make things difficult for them and for you, of course.
So what can you do? How can you celebrate & take care of your pets at the same time?
Here are a few tips to have a worry-free new year’s celebrations for you and your pooches:
- Firecrackers find their place in every celebration. Loud noise and beautiful colors never go off trend and a party without music is no party at all. But pets being extra sensitive to high pitched sounds get scared of these loud noises and sometimes put themselves in life-threatening situations by running away from all this pandemonium.
The easier way to handle this is soundproofing your pet's room by closing the curtains and rooms and keeping them away from this noise with their toys and soothing music which can distract them from uncomfortable situations with access to fresh water for them.
- The party involves decorations, fatty foods, and drinks. Being curious species there are high chances that your pet may munch on leftover pizzas, burgers, or even bones and alcoholic drinks and other party decoration stuff such as balls, fairy lights, or rubber balloons which if not taken care of, can become harmful for their health.
Drinking caffeine or alcohol or eating any sweets can be a serious threat to pets. They may experience symptoms such as drooling, vomiting, seizures, a distended stomach., etc. if you experience any unusual behavior in your pet immediately consult a vet. Don't let your pet out or supervise your pet if you are letting them out before cleaning the mess or chances of choking on any inedible object are possible.
- Being restless and frightened is common in pets during unwanted situations. Consult your vet prior for anti-anxiety medicines to calm them down. Calming them down during an unpleasant environment is a difficult task.
But helping them with a holistic calming approach by using essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, or valerian strips, catnip for cats are herbal ways to calm them down which work wonders for them to cope with stress. Hemp seed oil is another great way to calm them.
- An Emergency pet kit is a necessary asset which pet owners should always keep with them to avoid undesirable situations. Many times accidents happen and pets get injured or due to overeating pets might get indigestion or vomiting which are the common problems one can observe in pets.
During such scenarios, it becomes necessary to have medicines with you till the doctor’s arrival. It is necessary to keep all the medicines in your emergency kit up to date with the help of your vet. Do remember whenever you are giving medicines to your pet, take advice from your vet to avoid any mishaps.
- Running or hiding is common with pets during stressful conditions. There are many cases where pets may get lost if not taken care of. The loud noise of music or firecrackers can make them uneasy. And in order to find a secure place for themselves, they can get lost.
- Even when you host a party there are guests and the door constantly gets opened giving your pets a lot of opportunities to explore the outside world.
- To avoid all this, keep your pet’s tag updated with your name and contact numbers. Microchipping your dog is another great option to keep your pets safe even if they even get lost. It is easy for you to get reunited with them by using their unique number which can be detected by using a microchip scanner.
- Maintain your pet’s regular schedule of eating and pooping. This will help them to be on their normal routine and they may feel less anxious.
The most important thing is to pamper them and check on them whenever possible. Giving them a super tight hug or their favorite treat with a little massage will also help them to tranquilize. Putting a do not disturb tag on a door with warning signs will be helpful to keep the guests away from your furries.
Use these tips to keep them safe. We hope you have fun welcoming the new year! And if you need any help, don’t hesitate to call us on +91 8431620000. Happy New Year 2021!